At a recent industry conference, a keynote speaker talked about great outcomes a number of our clients achieved in a critical enterprise bargaining round.
One observation was the importance of “patience“ – with which we would wholeheartedly agree.
So it got us thinking about ingredients for success.
Here are some key ones, borrowed from our bespoke workshop process dedicated to this end.
- Clarity of need: articulated and connected to the business needs
- Gain v Pain: clarity of what’s needed and the pain points along the way
- Leadership: the bedrock of any project
- Strategy: integrated – articulated – understood
- Planning: which falls out of the strategy and in respect of which one can never do enough
- Alignment: cemented by sound governance
- Resilience: which comes back to leadership
Each can be strengthened for any employer embarking on a bargaining campaign by the taking of tangible steps. You might not be perfect on each but it’s possible to ‘move the dial’.
Would you like to hear more about our workshop process for enterprise bargaining? Contact Chris Gardner.
Subscribe to receive the next Workplace Law & Strategy blog direct to your inbox.